[3830] NAQP CW WI9WI SO

jhfitzpa at facstaff.wisc.edu jhfitzpa at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 11 15:43:54 EST 2000

                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SO
QTH: WI

  160:      0      0
   80:    106     37
   40:     38     22
   20:     85     32
   15:     32     14
   10:     11      5
----------------------
Total:    272    110  =  29,920

Comments:

Team SMC #4

Little activity on 15 and 10 during the times I was on (late afternoon, and
late evening). Good activity on 20. 40 and 80 were very noisy here, but lots of
activity on 80 late with strong signals. Operated this one from home as I was
too busy and tired to drive to the cabin. Gear IC-765, C-3S @ 30 ft on a
rooftop tower, and 40/80 dipole @ 25 ft drooping onto the roof. The name Roo
had nothing to do with Alan A. Milne ( of Winnie-the Pooh), but was used in
honor of my old companion and operating partner, my Irish Setter named Roo, who
made many trips to the cabin with me for contests before she died a few years
ago at the age of 14. When it wasn't too cold, she'd lie under the operating
table at my feet during the contest.
best wishes to all

Jim WI9WI

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com