[3830] NAQP SSB W5SB Multi

bdenton at tenet.edu bdenton at tenet.edu
Mon Jan 17 09:41:22 EST 2000

                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: W5SB
Operator(s): KJ5X W5IDX KK5LK KF5SB W5SB
Station: W5SB

Class: Multi
QTH: TX

  160:   1082    209
   80:    136     38
   40:    260     51
   20:    241     53
   15:    277     39
   10:     42     17
----------------------
Total:   1082    209  =  226138

Comments:

This was the first contest after doing quite a a bit of rebuilding in the
shack. I added extra comports to the computers and repositioned both radios and
antenna switching. Murphy will usually jump and bite after those kind of
things, but the station ran perfectly.  We did find out that a C4XL doesn't
work well on 160 meters even at 115'.  All the operators convienced me that we
left to many unanswered Q's in the noise. Hopefully a call to the power and
ligh company will help me on that account.  They are really good at sniffing
out the locally generated noise. A bulldozer took down the beverage on the
borrowed property be hind me.  So we were left with no receiving antennas. It
really hurt us on 80 and 160.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com