[3830] KU8E - Multi-op CQ 160 CW Score

Jeff Clarke KU8E at email.msn.com
Sun Jan 30 16:51:07 EST 2000

                          2000 CQ 160 METER CONTEST

     Call used: KU8E                                           Location: OH

     Category: Multi Operator             Mode: CW              Power: 1500

     Callsign of Operator: KU8E

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

         KU8E, K9NW, W6EF/6 , N8VW

     band      QSOs     points

     160        621       1584

     TOTAL      621       1584   X   80 multipliers  =  126,720

     Club or Team Name: Mad River Radio Club

     Comments:

    TS-850S, Alpha 76 , Inverted L @ 50 ft , Rcv Ant : Center-fed 80 meter zepp

     Multipliers :

     USA - Worked all but ND,
     VE    - NS,QS,ON,MB,SK,AB,BC
     NA    - 8P, KP2, KP4, V4, VP2E, XE
     SA    - YV
     AF    - none
     EU    - 9A, DL, EA, G, HA, I, LY, OK, OM, ON, S5, SP, UA2, UR
     AS    - 4X, JA
     OC    - KH6, V7, ZL

  Weekend Highlights :

        K9NW and W4EF ( W6UE op) in town for Cincy and CA. N8VW stopped by a couple
 hours too.  Effort was just semi-serious since I really don't have the hardware to
compete
 with the big boys. This was the first time I have ever ran a KW on 160 and the
results were
very good. Worked my first Asia - 4X4NJ and first JA ever - JA1JRK. Also added many
new countries. Thanks K9NW for use of the Alpha ! Seemed like activity was way down.
I guess everyone has migrated back to 10 meters....

                                                Jeff KU8E

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com