[3830] IARU HF NT7A SO Mixed

dinsterdog at aol.com dinsterdog at aol.com
Sun Jul 9 12:46:44 EDT 2000

                     IARU HF Championship

Call: NT7A
Operator(s): N0AH
Station: N0AH

Class: SO Mixed  Power: HP
QTH: WY

  160:       3        1        4
   80:      18       16       11
   40:      70       11       15
   20:     163      472       61
   15:      35      248       49
   10:      17       25       14
-----------------------------------
Total:     306      773     1079  =  619,850

Club: Bridge Creek Radio Club

Comments:

The only thing short of making this the "Perfect Contest" was the doldrums on
the low bands- I think a lot of us get stuck on thinking we need DXCC mults to
score big here but miss out on a potential mint by the lack of low band
interest- Just think, even in QRN, 3 point hits on adjacent zones basically
across the street- but to no avail- I found the low bands pretty empty- bummer
man!
But the guys who designed this contest were really up on things- 24 hour event,
an even playing field enhanced by use of mised modes and many mults etc....-and
the WRTC to boot-  I worked 23 separate WRTC stations with many of them finding
me- A few sounded much louder than others on the same band at about the same
time, but most had very equal signals- it was cool-

This will surely be my favorite contest over the next few years until the
higher bands drop out-

I think my numbers read like the International Ham Almanac:

QSO's by region:
29.8% EU
46.0% NA
16.7% AS
3.9% OC
2.9% SA
0.7% AF

QSO by Mode
CW-28.3%
SSB- 71.6%

QSO by Band
160 - .4% Inv L

80 - 3.1% 4 SQR

40 - 7.5%  Butternut HF2V

20 - 58.8%  6 Ele Log Periodic

15 - 26.2%     "     "   "

10 - 3.9%       "    "   "

(Assortment of Beverages for low band listening.....Ameritron AL-800H amp and
IC756 Rig))

This was the first major contest in which the new club call was used in
earnest. The Bridge Creek Radio Club was established to help promote ham radio
in our rural area with the locals as well as provide guest operators and
contestors a regional call to use when they stop by and visit- It hopefully
will become more recognizable over the next season or two-

Hope to see you all in the next one-

73  Paul  N0AH

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com