[3830] W8AV IARU M/O

W8AV at aol.com W8AV at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 07:38:52 EDT 2000

Welll here' are the results from the W8AV IARU multuiop effort in the IARU HF
Chanpionship.

Band        CW Q's          SSB Q's
160             0                   0
 80             0                   0
 40           258                  0
 20           849                  0
 15           611                 39  very painful QSO's
 10             14                  0
                _____          ____
                1732              39     =>  1771 X  149 mults  => 1,060,135

Ops.   K4LT (part time), K8AJS (one time MRRC member), W8AV

    15 was incredible.  The first four hours were 91+ in the QSO department.
Might have had even more QSO's on that band if the typical afternoon line
noise had not reared it's ugly head on Saturday afternoon ( I gotta try to
find the source of that problem).  With the flux at 179 for most of the
contest, we thought that ten would be better than it was.  Bet there were
very few QSO's to be had on that band.  We probably should have gone to 40
meters a bit eariler than we did (around 0300Z).  But the band was pretty
quiet and we had a good pretty good rate.

    Biggest kick for me was running a 106 hour on 20 at 05-06Z.  There are
always surprises in every contest but I have never experienced a rate like
that in the middle of the night on 20.

    Lots of S5##x stations to work which also added to the excitement of the
contest.

    Probably would have tried to make more SSB QSO's but with all the
antennas cut for code here it was tough to get anything going so the 39
painful SSB QSO's were of the the S & P  variety.

    Looking forward to doing this one again next year since it has been a
while since the three of us played in this contest.

73...............de Goose W8AV

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com