[3830] IARU HF K2KW M/S

k2kw at prodigy.net k2kw at prodigy.net
Mon Jul 10 20:45:19 EDT 2000

                     IARU HF Championship

Call: K2KW
Operator(s): K2KW+PACKET
Station: N6BT

Class: M/S  Power: HP
QTH: California
Operating Time (hrs): A few

   20:     417       33       47
   15:     177       82       42
   10:       6                 6
-----------------------------------
Total:     600      115       96  =  270,240

Club: NCCC

Comments:

WRTC Calls Worked: 51 (I went for WRTC QSO totals, not a clean sweep)
WRTC QSOs: 105 (all on 15+20)

TS850, Ten Tec Titan amp, C3, C3SS
Tom and Bonnie for their great hospitality again!

This was not a serious IARU effort… mainly got on to try and work as many WRTC
QSOs as possible, run a few stations, and just hang out with Tom.

With WWV numbers at Flux=200, A=7, and K=1, one would think we would have
great conditions! NOT. So much for propagation theory...  I thought conditions
were lousy for those kind of numbers.

I agree with the other comments that the signal levels were very similar.
Any differences were likely due to antenna direction, and nuances that are
impossible to overcome when you are trying to find 53 "like" QTHs. I was
going to make a list of signal levels, but as I started to find the guys, I
realized their signal levels were so close, that there was really nothing
worth while to report on. The choice to use mountain tops was a good one,
as it gave the stations the extra boost needed it to make the path to
California!

On Copying: "5NN 6" was my report... and it was interesting to hear the
pause by so many stations... I guess they assumed I was in zone 8, and had
to go back and fix the log :)

Kenny, K2KW

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com