[3830] N4OKX IARU M/S Summary

Mark S. Williams n4okx at n4gn.com
Mon Jul 17 03:20:44 EDT 2000

 Guys,

Here it is...thanks again!

Mark S. Williams
n4okx at n4gn.com
Kentucky Contest Group
"Loud is Good!"

                               IARU SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 08-09 July, 2000

    Callsign Used : N4OKX
        Operators : N4OKX, KS7O, N9FD, N4XM

         Category : Multi-single

 Default Exchange : 59(9) 08

             Name : Mark S. Williams
          Address : 301 Iola Road
   City/State/Zip : Louisville KY 40207-2917
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Kentucky Contest Group

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Zones

   80CW       11          11         29       2         4
   40CW      125         124        416      16        12
   40SSB       1           1          3       0         1
   20CW      292         289       1149      16        17
   20SSB     167         166        650      10        16
   15CW      290         284       1174      16         9
   15SSB     264         262       1096       7        17
   10CW       28          28        100       4         5
   10SSB      68          68        230       3        12

 Totals     1246        1233       4847      74        93

    Final Score = 809,449

 Soapbox:  Special thanks to Tim, N4GN, for the hospitality and use of the
N4GN
 station. As enhancements continue at the N4GN station, each contest is a
 learning experience where those improvements are tested and refined. The
best
 part of this contest experience was the team spirit demonstrated by Steve,
N9FD;
 Bryan; KS7O and Paul, N4XM. We put this effort together at the last minute
 and had a great time operating and getting to know Bryan and his 9 year old
 daughter, Megan. Megan, who is already learning CW from her dad, spent time
 listening at the second operating chair and was having some difficulty
pulling
 calls out of the QRM. At one point she turned to me and said "Tell me when
there's
 someone speaking English."

 Thanks also to my YL, Tanya, for putting up with another contest weekend
when I
 know she would have rather been camping!

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established
 for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct and true to the best
 of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the decisions of the Awards
Committee.