[3830] CQ WPX CW KC1F SO(A)AB HP

kc1f at prodigy.net kc1f at prodigy.net
Thu Jun 1 14:15:32 EDT 2000

                     CQ WW WPX - CW

Call: KC1F
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO(A)AB  Power: HP
QTH:

  160:      0
   80:      0
   40:     45
-------------------------------
Total:   1124 x    551  =  1,638,674

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

     A part time effort from here, as I'm recovering from a broken leg, and my
second radio has been in the shop for a while.  It's also hard as a little
pistol who's weak on 40 to compete in this one, with the double points.  The
double point rule on the low bands predates the CW contest, and I think was
intended to spur activity on the low bands on SSB - I wonder if this is a rule
whose time has passed ?
     I thought conditions seemed average at best, although I was as surprised
as everyone else about that long European opening on 10 on Saturday !  Anyone
know if E skip contributed to this ?  It would have been a good weekend for an
new 10 meter record !
     73 to all!                Stu      KC1F

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com