[3830] VA7RR (at VE7SZ) CQ WPX CW 20M SB HP UNASSISTED

Gary Caldwell va7rr at telus.net
Sat Jun 3 06:51:09 EDT 2000

VA7RR (at VE7SZ)

20 Meter Single Band
High Power, Unassisted

1,824 QSOs x 691 Pfx  =  3,264,975

     Many thanks to Allan, VE7SZ, for hosting me for the weekend.  For
the ten years that I've lived in British Columbia, Allan's QTH has been
my contesting "home away from home."  His station is state-of-the-art,
comfortable to operate in, and works very, very well.

     Conditions on 20 in VE7 were so-so at best.  This was intended to
be a tune-up for WRTC.  It turned out to be a weekend of weak signal
work and low-rate/no-rate conditions!

     There was only one good solid opening into EU, on Suturday night
from about 0330Z to 05Z.  On the bright side, however, I thought that
activity out of JA was pretty good, with about 450 or so in the log.

     Activity from the USA continues to be poor in this contest.  Now
that we've had two years of 1 point QSOs for USA-to-USA contacts, it
appears that the scoring change implemented for WPX has done little to
stimulate W activity for the CW weekend.

     Thanks to all for the QSOs, and we're looking forward to meeting
old and new friends alike in Bled next month!

73,

Gary  VA7RR

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com