[3830] CQ WPX CW WL7E M/M HP

kl7y at alaska.net kl7y at alaska.net
Tue Jun 6 20:11:23 EDT 2000

                     CQ WW WPX - CW

Call: WL7E
Operator(s): WL7E, KL7Y, KL9A, KL7FH, WA2GO, K7NT, NL7Z
Station: KL7Y

Class: M/M  Power: HP
QTH: ALASKA

  160:      1
-------------------------------
Total:   5173 x   1052  =  16,409,096

We had high hopes for this contest, but conditions were just too poor. Near the
peak of the sunspot cycle we can count on 15 to work the most JAs, but this
contest we worked the most JAs on 20.  Maybe that was because 20 died over the
pole during the prime European opening and JAs were all that could hear us.  10
m was open all day to KH6, but refused to open to the populated areas like JA
or W/VE.  The low bands suffered a double whammy - poor conditions and lack of
stations.  The last 7 hours of the contest we averaged 50 QSOs per hour -
that's the combined total of 20,15 and 10.  Maybe next year will be better.
-KL7Y

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com