[3830] ARRLDX SSB KF4OAD SOABLP

kf4oad at bellsouth.net kf4oad at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 5 23:09:50 EST 2000

                     ARRL DX Contest - SSB

Call: KF4OAD
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB  Power: LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

   20:    112     57
   15:     44     35
   10:    141     59
----------------------
Total:    297    151  =  134,541

Club: PVRC (Potomac Valley Radio Club)

Comments:

Stealth Equipment:  Ten Tec Scout, 50 watts.  Indoor dipole 10m/20m and
homebrew 40m double bazooka (for 15m) tacked up against apartment balcony
ceiling

The highlight for me was working TF3IRA.  Since I got my first license
(December 1996) I have dreamed of hearing and reaching Iceland but have never
heard them until this contest!  I even studied Medieval Icelandic in graduate
school in the 1980's.  After we worked each other, I literally danced around my
tiny ham shack.

I had a total blast during this contest and managed to work several new
countries.

KF4OAD       297  151   134,541SOAB    LP

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com