[3830] ARRL DX SSB SOAB LP K2DO

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Sun Mar 5 20:35:17 EST 2000

                              2000 ARRL DX CONTEST

     Call used: K2DO                                           Location: NY
                                                          ARRL Section: NLI

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: PHONE           Power: 100W
                    Unassisted

     Callsign of Operator: K2DO

     Exchanged Information: K2DO RST NY

     Hours of Operation: 30

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     -----------------------------------
     160          0           0       0
      80          5          15       5
      40         19          57      16
      20        200         600      63
      15        270         810      66
      10        685        2055      74
     -----------------------------------
     TOTAL     1179        3537     224      SCORE: 792,288

     Club or Team Name: Order of Boiled Owls (NY)

     Comments: My biggest thrill was working CLipperton FO0AAA on 40
     meters using a wire sloper antenna. Ten meters was big for me
     and I ran as much as I could during the openings. Not used to
     low power and not having packet, but it forced me to be more
     aware of propagation and band conditions.  Special thanks to my
     OM George N2GA for not freaking out when he found out that I
     caught the coax on the ground rod clamp when cranking up the
     tower in the dark!  Luckily nothing broke and the C3 at 45 feet
     worked great!  Thanks to all who worked me.

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     ARRL Awards Committee.

     Date_03-05-00 Signature_Diane Ortiz_ Call_K2DO_

     Name: Diane P. Ortiz                  Call: K2DO
           P.O. Box 296
           Bellport, NY  11713

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com