[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4WS SOABLP

n4vhk at summitschool.com n4vhk at summitschool.com
Mon Mar 6 14:56:17 EST 2000

                     ARRL DX Contest - SSB

Call: W4WS
Operator(s): N4VHK
Station:

Class: SOAB  Power: LP
QTH: NC

  160:      2      2
   80:     26     20
   40:     88     48
   20:    473     81
   15:    336     76
   10:    638     88
----------------------
Total:   1563    315  =  1,473,255

My first 48 hour single op effort(usually do multi ops on ARRL/CQWW)- my 850
went south so I had the trusty 930 which did the trick. Nothing over 40' here,
and the weather held out- 10 was nuts, and I had better results than normal on
20 (usually my weakest band except for 160)- 15 was down- Was everyone on 10?
Thanks to Julie, my YL, for being a single mom for the whole weekend (and
bringing me lunch/coffee) so I coiuld try this obsession they call "single op."
And thanks to the guys in the Rough Blues band for setting up/breaking down my
stuff so I could just show up and play a 3 hour gig Saturday night-

Thanks for the q's-

Equipment:
160- Shunt fed 40' of Rohn 25
80- full wave horizontal loop up 35'
40 thru 10- F12 C4XL up 40'
15- 3L homebrew yagi up 38'
10- 2L delta loop up 25 lashed to a swing set.

73,
Henry Heidtmann, N4VHK
Trustee, W4WS
Winsnton-Salem Contest Crew
Winston-Salem, NC

W4WS        1563  315 1,473,255SOAB    LP

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com