[3830] '00 ARRL DX Contest SSB N7VY QRP

Gordon D. Blank n7vy at qrp.net
Tue Mar 7 05:02:29 EST 2000

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 2000

      Call: N7VY                     Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator QRP

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        1        3   3.0        1
       80        6       18   3.0        4
       40       26       78   3.0       15
       20      135      405   3.0       57
       15      198      594   3.0       71
       10      302      906   3.0       72
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    668     2004   3.0      220  =   440,880

Equipment Description: Yaesu FT-1000, C-4/C-3 Stack, Butternut Vertical,
Phased Verticals on 40 meters, Broadband Sloper on 80 Meters.

Club Affiliation: Page/Lake Powell QRP Group

Comments: Was this fun?? This is my first time at the top of the sun spot
cycle. I had more European contacts than Japan. I knew that the competition
was going to be tough but, Doug KR2Q smoked all of us. Both CW and SSB.
I gave my best effort and should have the record for Section 7. Thanks for
the fun.

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Gordon D. Blank   N7VY
               POBox 2473