[3830] CQ WPX SSB N0AH SOSB80 HP

dinsterdog at aol.com dinsterdog at aol.com
Sun Mar 26 09:03:37 EST 2000

                     CQ WW WPX - SSB

Call: N0AH
Operator(s): N0AH
Station: N0AH

Class: SOSB80  Power: HP
QTH: WY

-------------------------------
Total:    396 x    236  =  275,884

Club: MHDXA

Comments:

Short story:......pays to sleep BEFORE the band opens up and not to pass out just as it gets dark....  Detailed Version: First night was a blast- I worked TM1C in our daylight...knew that was a good sign- lots of stateside mults and a few EU's.......good JA opening later on the first morning including a few surprises, like BV0DX,  who called me during my JA run.......thought for sure I was in the running until the 2nd night, which was awful...I experienced a Homer Simpson moment when I fell asleeep (must sleep must sleep) just before our sunset- I thought, "I'll just lay here for a few minutes to get a power nap" 3 hours later, I got on after my XYL dragged me out of bed.....but by then, "the air was out of the tires"- didn't seem to hear many stateside operators but I did manage to work a few EU's and a few more stateside mults before going to bed at 2 a.m.....I got up on the second morning at 4 a.m. to run JA- but the band condx were not so hot- worked 349 QSO's the first night compared to only 50 or so on the second night- ba hum bug- Here's a list of the DXCC worked:.......W VE YV HP P4 WP2 OA JD BV F 5B AH6 KL7 TI XE UA0F PY YT HG 8P CO V3 V7 KH0 LU FM S5 CT3 HK JA HD 9A LZ YB.   Rig used was a ICOM 756, 1/4 wave 4-Square antenna and AL-800H amp- I  used a beverage system too which payed for itself many times during QRN- and it was great to have a very directional 1,000 foot long JA bevg that nulled out QRM during JA runs- Congrads to the west coast guys working SOSB on 80 meters....heard some relly nice numbers- 73  Paul  N0AH

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com