[3830] WPX SSB KG6AFS(N6BZA) SOABHP + short story

Dan Levin djl at andlev.com
Sun Mar 26 22:11:17 EST 2000

KG6AFS (N6BZA op) SOABHP
6:09 operating

160m:      0
80m:        0
40m:        0
20m:        19       55       18
15m:        152     372    108
10m:        431     901    208
Totals:     602     1328   334 = 443,552

TS-850S/AT + W6BDN 4CX1500B amp
C-3E + W6SAI 3 ele. 10m monobander
Northern California Contest Club

Another short effort from the home shack.  I thought that I was going to be
on a business trip and unable to operate.  Then my plans changed, and I
thought that I was going to be in London.  Had a couple of very generous
offers to use stations in the UK - but then plans changed again and I was
home for the weekend.   Scraped together an hour here and an hour there
between social commitments - but had a great time.  Conditions were
excellent, with several occurrences of EU and JA stations worked one after
the other on 15.

Highlights - being called by JT1CS and VP8CMT, and working A61AJ on the
first call.

This will be the first and the last outing for KG6AFS - the club will be
granted KT6RU (in memory of K6RU, my contest elmer) next week (missed the
contest by one day - last vanity calls granted Friday were applied for one
day before our app. went in).

Tnx to all for the fun.

            ***dan, N6BZA

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com