[3830] CQ WPX SSB NY4A SOSB10 HP

btippett at alum.mit.edu btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 27 06:33:38 EST 2000

                     CQ WW WPX - SSB

Call: NY4A
Operator(s): W4ZV
Station: W4ZV

Class: SOSB10  Power: HP
QTH: NC

-------------------------------
Total:   2648 x    879  =  6,043,125

Club: PVRC

Comments:

Conditions were mostly great except for a solar disturbance Saturday afternoon...just in time for the JA opening.  Thanks to all for the QSO's and to N4AF for the use of the PVRC-NC club call!  If anyone wants QSL's for this weekend only please send them directly to me.

Highlights:
Breaking WM5G's 1989 record (4.2M) at 1430Z Sunday morning.
Working 7A0A (Indonesia) by long path around 0230Z Saturday night.
9N7RB, HS0/JR3XMG and many Zone 18's calling during the middle of EU runs.
Breaking EU pileups on E41 and A6 around 40 minutes before my sunrise Sunday.
Hearing JR5JAQ very strong via short path early Sunday morning (12Z).
NOT having intermittent amplifier keying problems this time.
Discovering how well the FT-1000MP's Auto-Notch DSP works on CB carriers.

Lowlights:
The CBer's worldwide who would give two letters and nothing else!

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com