[3830] CQ WPX SSB AK6R SOAB HP

bob at bugsatwork.com bob at bugsatwork.com
Mon Mar 27 15:58:05 EST 2000

                     CQ WW WPX - SSB

Call: AK6R
Operator(s): AK6R
Station: AK6R

Class: SOAB  Power: HP
QTH:

  160:      2
   80:     74
   40:     50
-------------------------------
Total:   1972 x    736  =  2,896,160

What a great weekend.  My goa was 2000 contacts and 2,000,000 points - and I exceeded both.  Thanks to all who worked me.  Was again working a portable station setup 24 hours prior to contest.  Used my tower trailer and SO2R setup - still getting used to two radios, but second radio counted for an extra 50 mults this time - getting better at it.

Expected 40 and 80 to be as good as ARRL DX contest, but they were terrible from West Coast - even to JA land.  Was surprised to be called by 3W, CL0C, A61 and TF3.  10, 15 and 20 were awesome!

Equipment-wise we used coax stubs for first time and there was no problem between two radios even with 15 foot separation of antennas.  Very happy with them as they cured the 20 meter interference with 10 meters on mult radio.  See you all in the  next contest.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com