[3830] AA3E Single Op AB Low Power WPX SSB

Douglas Priest w3cf at email.msn.com
Mon Mar 27 18:00:09 EST 2000

2000 WPX Contest
Single Op All Band Low Power
Station: N3MKZ
Operator : W3CF
Call used: AA3E

            Q`'s            PFX's
160     28                16
80     136                71
40       46                17
20     348                148
15     602                159
10    1270               354
         2430               763 = 5,141,857

Thanks to Joe N3MKZ and his YL Carol for the wonderful hospitality!

Transmitter: Icom 765

N3MKZ Station Antenna's

10 - 5/5/5  @  32,25,85'       all 3 turn
15 - 5/5/5  @  35,75,110'     top 2 turn
20 -  4/4    @  100' and 48'  top turns
40 -  2el    @  110' "shorty fourty"
80 - dipole @ 100'
160 - Delta loop @ 110'
Beverages ne,w,sw

Comments:
First serious single op since CQ Phone in 93'. Joe had the station torn
apart remodeling for a 2 station multi. I called and inquired if he had
plans to do WPX thinking we could do a M/2. He suggested me doing a single
op instead. I greedily accepted!  Conditions were fantastic! Planning off
times was weird but all participants had ample sleep. Used  deceased elmers
old call which I saved from reentering the pool. Highlights included calls
from JT, 9N, JY in the middle of EU runs. Low lights included trying to
figure out where to be when. Missed packet terribly. A low power assisted
category would be neat. Being a multi operator hindered my band change
decisions. 15m operators at V2 not required to think :-)  This is the most
fun contest on the calendar as everyone works everyone so no one is bored.

Doug Priest
USPS VMF SEPA 19399
Amateur Radio Call Signs: W3CF // V26DX // TO5MM
EX; N3ADL // WB3LQB       Club call : AA3E
Op@ V26B // WP2Z (CQp 97) // W1AW // W1AW /3  all M/O's
Frankford Radio Club  "Proficiency through Competition"
Hatfield Township
Emergency Communications Station
Hatfield, Pa. U.S.A. , NA

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com