[3830] CQ WPX CW NE6N (N6RT op) SOAB HP

Doug Brandon dab@home.com
Mon, 29 May 2000 18:31:51 -0700

                               CQ WW WPX - CW

Call: NE6N
Operator(s): N6RT
Station: W6EEN

Class: SOAB  Power: HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 35:55

   160:      0
    80:     11
-------------------------------
Total:   2756 x    821  =  5,983,448

Club: SCCC

Comments:

Unfortunately, the bands were not nearly as good as last year.  EU was
there, but the runs were average at best and the openings were not as
long.  More JAs were worked this year, but EU is the bread and butter of
any DX contest.  It was interesting to compare this years numbers to last
years.  The numbers show an obvious drop off in band conditions, especially
to Europe.

          This Year     Last Year
QSOs        2756          3001
Points      7288          8213
Prefixes     821           837
Score      5.98m         6.87m

EU %         33%           53%
AS %         29%           21%
NA %         33%           23%
EU+AS%       62%           74%

It's always close when Dan N6MJ and I go head to head and it can't get any
closer than this contest.  His score was only 0.005% higher than mine.  I
guess we'll have to wait for the log check to see who the winner is between
us.  Either way, two great scores.

As always, many thanks to Don W6EEN and his XYL for their great hospitality.

    73 de Doug, N6RT

| Doug Brandon   dab@home.com |
| http://members.home.com/dab |