[3830] FQP2K SO QRP Phone Only from N3AWS

Walroth James F Maj 81 MDSS/SGQX James.Walroth at keesler.af.mil
Tue May 2 11:55:41 EDT 2000

	I operated portable from by brother-in-law's house in Brandon, FL
(Hillsborough County).  A family medical emergency (with a happy ending!)
cut my operating time to 6 hours on Saturday only.  Conditions seemed
poor-to-fair.  Also, I took time out to give some /AG operators some
contacts outside the contest and to work some 6 meters.

	Here's my results:
SO QRP Phone only from Hillsborough County:

34 QSOs
21 Multipliers
x3 for QRP
2,142 score

Call sign: N3AWS/4

Paper log will follow by "snail mail"

Rig:  Icom 706 (I chose to use my "original" 706, rahter than my brand new
706MKIIG which arrived just before the trip.  I know the old rig very well
and didn't want to take any chances with the new radio.  Antenna:  G5RV
(maximum height approximately 12 feet).

	I like the idea of making this a 12 hour event.

	73,  Jim Walroth N3AWS

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com