[3830] CQ WPX CW 5P1ER SOAB LP

oz1aa at qsl.net oz1aa at qsl.net
Mon May 29 15:49:08 EDT 2000

                     CQ WW WPX - CW

Call: 5P1ER
Operator(s): OZ1AA
Station: 5P1ER

Class: SOAB  Power: LP
QTH: Denmark

  160:      0
   80:     33
   40:     78
-------------------------------
Total:   1386 x    512  =  1,167,360

Club: WWYC (World Wide Young Contesters)

Comments:

Equipment:
Kenwood TS-940, 100 w.
Cushcraft A3S @ 20 m (bad SWR)
Cushcraft R7 @ 15 m (very bad SWR)
Dipole for 80 @ 15 m.
Noise very high on almost all bands. Sorry if you called and I didn't copy :-(

This contest didn't became quite as successful as I had hoped, and I am
certainly not satisfied with the result. I had big problems to get any runs
going on Sunday, and I had big problems staying focused on the contest at all.
I have realised how much it means to be psychological prepared for a contest
which I wasn't for this one due to a very busy week before. I though it would
be great to operate with a special prefix, but it turned out to give me big
problems; today I am still thinking about all the operators who logged HP1ER
instead of 5P1ER, and I have never had as many dupes as in this one. I can see
on the cluster that there were almost as many spots on HP1ER as 5P1ER, so I am
certainly not looking forward to see my score after the log checking!!

Off course it was not all that bad. I enjoyed the pile ups a lot when they were
there, but I think I need some pile up technique. Also nice to work a lot of
other young contesters like N6MJ, WL7E (opr. KL9A), DJ1YFK, 9A7P (opr. 9A6NHH),
HA3LN and OH0Z (opr. LY2TA). I hope to be back at 5P1ER for another contest,
but the next one will be SSB for sure :-) QSL's for all QSO's in this contest
and CQ WPX SSB will be sent out automatically through the bureau.

Vy 73 de Thomas, OZ1AA

----
Thomas Andersen - OZ1AA (ex. OZ5DK)
Copenhagen - Denmark
Homepage: www.qsl.net/oz1aa
E-mail: oz1aa at qsl.net
ICQ: 11117622
Member # 1 of "World Wide Young Contesters"
Visit http://home.swipnet.se/contest/wwyc/ to get more info.
----

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com