[3830] CQ WPX CW NT1N SO(TS)AB HP

nt1n at arrl.org nt1n at arrl.org
Tue May 30 11:04:39 EDT 2000

                     CQ WW WPX - CW

Call: NT1N
Operator(s): NT1N
Station: NT1N

Class: SO(TS)AB  Power: HP
QTH: CT

  160:      5
   80:     25
-------------------------------
Total:   2657 x    795  =  5,692,995

Club: YCCC

Comments:

Had a hard time getting into this one.  Not sure if it was the terrific weather
or the prospect of disturbed conditions making it a wasted weekend.  But once
the score reached 2 million or so it became fun to watch the score grow with
each QSO.

TS930S and KW main station and a JST-245 barefoot for the second radio.
Antennas were the C3S on the roof tower at about 40 feet and a 40m dipole at 40
feet (usually connected to the JST).

Conditions were down from last year, but still pretty darn good.  I think US
activity was well down from last year too.

Great competition here in New England.

My little Force 12 C3S (12 foot boom) on the roof really rocks!  Using this
antenna here has forced me to reconsider the design of my "big" station.  I
think wide beamwidth and more antennas is going to be way better than larger
and fewer antennas.

73, Dave, NT1N

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com