[3830] CQP Cnty Exped KS6U LP

k4xu at arrl.net k4xu at arrl.net
Tue Oct 10 17:15:29 EDT 2000

                     California QSO Party

Call: KS6U
Operator(s): K4XU,KS6U,WA7AJ,W7MT,K7YCQ,K7YLO,K7ZM,K9QAM
Station:

Class: Cnty Exped  Power: LP
QTH: Modoc

  160:
   80:              107
   40:     146      131
   20:     163      416
   15:     150      405
   10:      51      813
-----------------------------------
Total:     510     1872       57  =  300,504

Club: Central OR DX Club

Comments:

Revised score after merging all logs.  What a job!
We ran three 100W stations. TR networked.

Looks like the W6REC record has been eclipsed, barely.
It took eight guys to do it.  Sure nice to see 10m open.
I wish there were more stations to work on CW.

Next time - another beam, voice recorder for the second
ssb station, and a keyer on each rig.  We missed too many
CW QSOs because there was only one rig really set up for
CW and only two CW ops.

Our sincere thanks to the folks at Modoc National Forest
office, the NFS who generously provided the 20A circuit
of FREE electricity -- your tax dollars at work, and
Susan, the great fire lookout lady who lets us set up
this gypsy radio camp under her fire tower every year.

Dick, K4XU

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com