[3830] W7WHY NA SPRINT RTTY CONTEST

Tom K Osborne w7why at juno.com
Sun Oct 15 05:38:34 EDT 2000

NORTH AMERICAN RTTY SPRINT

Call used: W7WHY
Location:  OR

Entry Class: Single Op, High Power, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts
80         1     0  Dipole at 80 feet
40        53    52  3 phased verticals
20        67    67  home-brew 2 el mono-bander
15         0     0
10         0     0
--------------------------------
Total    121   119

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 119

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v4.4f

Equipment:  FT-840, FL-2100B, MFJ-784B, AEA CP-1 Computer Patch
Power Output: 300

Club Participation: Southern Oregon DX Association

Soapbox:  What a blast!!  I was keeping up with the "big boys" till
I moved to 40.  These verticals ain't the best for domestic
contesting.  I guess I'll have to get some wire up in a tree
before SS.  Didn't know about the 3 qso rule and missed a bunch of
Q's at the start.  Sorry I kept telling everyone they were a dupe.
I couldn't figure why they kept calling me after we had already
worked :-)  Oh well, live and learn. Thanks to Wayne and the NCJ
for a neat contest.  Maybe next time we can get a bit more
advertising.  Now all I got to do is figure how to score this thing.
73 and CU in the JARTS!
Tom W7WHY
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.