[3830] N3RS M/M CQWW SSB Score

R. Sigismonti n3rs at snip.net
Mon Oct 30 14:34:18 EST 2000

The conditions at the start were good, but got to be rather poor by
Saturday afternoon.  Our score is down about 12% from last year.  I
want to thank our op's for a good effort at this mini multi station.
This years crew included N3RD, N3ED, N3AD, N2SR, N3ZS, K3WU & N3RS.
We were unable to use our main 80M antenna due to high winds causing
the loading wires to short out intermittently, generating lots of
noise on the other bands and very high VSWR on the feedline.
Everything else seemed to work OK.  Guess we are getting a little
long in the tooth for this stuff.  Three of us had bad back problems
limiting our "In the chair" time.  The following is the un-merged
breakdown from the 4 computers we used:

           BAND   QSO's   Zones   Countries
             160            52             13                24
              75           166             21                77
              40           531             32               108
              20          1162             39               151
              15          1964             40               160
              10          1646             36               164
             Totals       5521            181               684

              Score ==> 13.3 meg.

Stations    XCVR            AMP        Band(s)     Antenna(s)
     1        FT-1000MP       Alpha 76PA       80/10      80M 4V-array
& 10M 5/5/5 stack
      2        FT-1000MP       Alpha 76PA      160/15      160M GP &
15M 4/4/4 stack
      3        FT-1000MP       Titan             40        3 ele Yagi
      4        FT-1000MP-MkV   Alpha 76PA        20        5/5/5 stack

We hope to do better in our more natural mode (CW)!

Club Affiliation:  Frankford Radio Club
Classification:  Multi/Multi

73 de Sig, N3RS

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com