[3830] CQWW SSB EI8IR SOAB(A) HP

ei8ir at qsl.net ei8ir at qsl.net
Tue Oct 31 18:03:09 EST 2000

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: EI8IR
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Cork

  160:     81      6     35
   80:    431     12     50
   40:    318     21     64
   20:    709     28     94
   15:    856     25     74
   10:    716     31    100
-------------------------------
Total:   3111    123    417  =  3,444,660

Club/Team: East Cork Contest Group EI7M

Comments:

Antennas:-
Dipoles for 160m and 80m from a 50ft tower with a 4 ele on 20m and
a 2 ele Hygain 40m beam on top.
3 ele Hygain triband beam for 15m/10m

Enjoyed this years contest. I'm more used to M/S type setup, so made a
few errors by running too much. My 40m beam developed a problem after just
10qso's, so despite the high winds, I had to drop the tower on Saturday morning
and repair it and missed the good 10m propagation.

Conditions were much better on Saturday than Sunday.

Highlight was working KL7RA and TF3IRA with 5 mins of each other on Sunday
morning 40m.

John ei8ir

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com