[3830] WAE SSB Multi-Single KC1YR

Sharon Machlis Gartenberg KC1YR sharon at kc1yr.com
Thu Sep 14 20:48:32 EDT 2000

                        EUROPEAN DX CONTEST

Call: KC1YR                    Country:  United States
  Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single

      Band    QSO   QTC    Cty   Mult

        80       66    66      29    116
        40     126   104     33      99
        20     562   551     49      98
        15     788   788     48      96
        10     514   514     45      90

Claimed score
     Totals   2056  2023    204    499 = 2,035,421

Operator List:  Danny T93M,N1ZPE  Martin AA1ON,G4DZC and Sharon KC1YR (also
T99YR)

Equipment Description: FT 1000, AL 1200 linear, TH-11 11-el log periodic at
90 ft (10/15/20m), 40-2CD 2-el at 100 ft (40m), sloping dipole apex at 85
ft (80m) at AA1ON's QTH in Hopkinton, Mass.

Comments: More info on our contest operation, including a few photos and
our log searchable by callsign, posted at http://www.kc1yr.com/wae

We broke 2 million points for the first time in three WAE SSB entries,
thanks in part to 10 meters finally being open to Europe from North America
for a fair amount of contest hours. We had a lot more multipliers than in
'98, but I'm not sure why we ended up with fewer QSOs. QTCs seem to be
getting harder to give away; I wish more EU stations just playing around in
the contest for fun would humor us and take some. Thanks to all who did!

Club Affiliation: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

73, Sharon KC1YR

--
Sharon Machlis Gartenberg KC1YR also T99YR
sharon at kc1yr.com
http://www.kc1yr.com

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com