[3830] GU0SUP - SOAB EAWW

Phil Phil
Sun Apr 8 20:15:29 EDT 2001

Hi one and all............

Well, I think we suffered from the effects of the solar disturbances (well,
I did anyway), but there was some good propagation at times. Overall, it was
hard work to try and find QSO's, and even some of the strong stations
couldn't hear me. With conditions like this, my poor old half-size G5RV made
it even worse. Still, it was good fun anyway, and I enjoyed myself. It was
very strange to have to share the bands with another station from this
island! Andreas is on holiday here, and was signing MU/DL3AG/P.

Managed a few nice ones, such as EM1HO, J28NH, VP9GE, ZL2AMI, ZD7K, 2 BV's,
XE1YYD, and a few others, so not a bad effort.

It may have been me, but this latest version of WF1B kept doing odd things,
like showing DUPE against a call I had only worked on another band; it
didn't show the band against the calls in the "already worked" bit, except
against the current QSO line; plus a few other minor oddities.

Thanks to all who struggled with my meagre signal.

EAWW RTTY Contest 2001

Call used: GU0SUP
Location:  Guernsey

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH  Dist    DX
80          0        0        0       0     0
40         12       42       1       0    12
20         80       93     10      6    35
15         55       91       5       7    26
10          19      33       2       2    14
Total    166    261     18      15    87

Claimed Score: 31320

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02

Power Output: 50 - 60 watts.

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations etc

Phil Cooper GU0SUP
1 Clos au Pre
La Hougue du Pommier
Castel