[3830] JIDX HFCW RA9OW SOAB LP

ploff at sibnet.ru ploff at sibnet.ru
Tue Apr 17 16:51:09 EDT 2001

                     JIDX HF CW Contest

Call: RA9OW
Operator(s): RA9OW
Station: RA9OW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NS
Operating Time (hrs): 28,5

   20:    122     33
   15:    143     39
   10:     41     23
----------------------
Total:    306     95  =  32,965

Club: Central Siberia DX Club

Comments:

The very often mentioned lately Mr.Murphy seems to have liked being our guest.

Both days the stations in my skip zone were louder than JAs on 28 mc. Almost
all Qs on this band were the big guns I could manage to invite from 15.
The first day someone /KH2, and most of EU on the second day seemd to have good
time. I thought I might do good SWL. It's been a lot of water under the
bridge... though.

21 mc was the only good band, but "good" in this case is kind of relative.
The whole number of Qs I made in the contest could easily be done in less than
2 hours if it were really good. Well, thanks anyway.

20 m was better than 10. The condx to JA was FB the first evening and the whole
second night. But who needs RA9 on 20 m in Japan? Otherwise, why so few people
called in the contest while JA2IGY beacon on 14.100 being 599+ most of that
time. Or was it sleepy time down... East?

My home-made 12V power supply with diodes holding continuous 50A current said
"good by" at about 17.30 UT on Sunday. Spent two hours replacing those poor
things and found no obvious reason why it would happen. Next morning red about
another solar event starting Sunday 17.15 UT... Must be a coincidence?

One good thing is that such poor conditions and not very high JA activity made
my chances in this contest more even with those who have better setup.

rig: ICOM-751A
ant: Delta loop for 80 m band @ 100 ft

73! Ilya, RA9OW

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com