[3830] Ohio QSO Party - KU8E/M High Claimed Score

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1@yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 19:04:41 EDT 2001

                       2001 OHIO QSO PARTY

  Call used: KU8E/m            Location: Ohio

  Category: Rover Mobile       Mode: MIXED           Power: 100W

  Callsign of Operator: KU8E

  If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

  Equipment : Icom 706MKIIG and Hustler mobile whips 80-10 meters

   County             CW      SSB        QSO Points

   DELA               26       4           56
   UNIO               19       8           46
   LOGA               39       9           87
   CHAM               23       0           46
   MADI               47      30          124
   CLAR               25      17           67
   FAYE               43      24          110
   HIGH               36      28          100
   ROSS               28       9           65

   Total             286      129         701

    415 total QSO's  ->   701 QSO Points * 115 mults =    80,615 points

                   OQP Multiplier Checkoff List

                   CW  SSB                            CW      SSB

Adams ADAM        X                Licking LICK       X
Allen ALLE                         Logan LOGA
Ashland ASHL                       Lorain LORA                X
Ashtabula ASHT         X           Lucas LUCA         X       X
Athens ATHE                        Madison MADI               X
Auglaize AUGL                      Mahoning MAHO      X       X
Belmont BELM      X                Marion MARI        X
Brown BROW                         Medina MEDI
Butler BUTL       X                Meigs MEIG
Carroll CARR      X                Mercer MERC
Champaign CHAM    X    X           Miami MIAM
Clark CLAR                         Monroe MONR
Clermont CLER     X    X           Montgomery MONT            X
Clinton CLIN           X           Morgan MORG         X
Columbiana COLU                    Morrow MORR         X      X
Coshocton COSH                     Muskingum MUSK             X
Crawford CRAW                      Noble NOBL                 X
Cuyahoga CUYA     X    X           Ottawa OTTA         X
Darke DARK        X    X           Paulding PAUL
Defiance DEFI                      Perry PERR
Delaware DELA     X    X           Pickaway PICK
Erie ERIE         X    X           Pike PIKE           X
Fairfield FAIR         X           Portage PORT               X
Fayette FAYE                       Preble PREB
Franklin FRAN     X    X           Putnam PUTN
Fulton FULT                        Richland RICH       X
Gallia GALL                        Ross ROSS
Geauga GEAU       X                Sandusky SAND       X
Greene GREE            X           Scioto SCIO
Guernsey GUER                      Seneca SENE
Hamilton HAMI     X    X           Shelby SHEL
Hancock HANC           X           Stark STAR          X
Hardin HARD                        Summit SUMM         X       X
Harrison HARR                      Trumbull TRUM       X
Henry HENR                         Tuscarawas TUSC
Highland HIGH                      Union UNIO          X
Hocking HOCK                       Van Wert VANW       X
Holmes HOLM                        Vinton VINT                 X
Huron HURO             X           Warren WARR
Jackson JACK                       Washington WASH     X       X
Jefferson JEFF    X    X           Wayne WAYN          X       X
Knox  KNOX        X                Williams  WILL
Lake LAKE         X                Wood WOOD           X
Lawrence LAWR                      Wyandot WYAN        X

        CW                                       SSB
W1 - MA,CT                                     MA,NH,VT

W2 - NY                                        NY,NJ

W3 - PA,MD                                     MD,PA

W4 - VA,FL,TN,GA,NC                            GA,NC,VA,KY,TN,SC

W5 - TX,AR,OK,MS                               TX,MS,OK

W6 - CA                                        CA

W7 - WA,UT                                     WA

W8 - WV,MI                                     MI,WV

W9 - WI,IL,IN                                  IL,IN,WI

W0 - MO                                        IA,NE,KS,MN

VE - ON                                        ON

Total Multipliers :

Ohio Counties - CW         35

Ohio Counties - SSB        28

States/VE - CW             24

States/VE - SSB            28

-------------------------------
Total                     115

Comments :  Pretty tough this time around since I was by myself and had
no driver and had to do operating, driving, and navigating myself. I
was
only brave enough to drive and operate when driving down a straight
road and even that was tough ! I can see why they want to ban cell
phones while you are driving ...  Elected to stay put in Union County
when the flare hit so the route was re- adjusted and I skipped some of
the counties I was planning on doing that I knew that had been on
already. Conditions seemed really good when they came back...
especially
on 40 meters with tons of booming signals. It was amzing that K8MFO was
everywhere on CW... I think he was my first or 2nd QSO in every county.
Nice job Don !!!

    It's really great how activity has really picked up each year to
levels I never dreamed up when I started up the OQP again a couple
of years ago. Thanks to everyone who got on and those guys who go
mobile
every year, which makes this contest so fun for everyone....

                              Jeff  KU8E