[3830] NAQP CW N6ZZ SO

n6zz at zianet.com n6zz at zianet.com
Sun Aug 5 10:44:22 EDT 2001

                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: N6ZZ
Operator(s): N6ZZ
Station: N6ZZ

Class: SO LP
QTH: NM

  160:     41     21
   80:     82     30
   40:    143     38
   20:    246     49
   15:    163     49
   10:     59     24
----------------------
Total:    734    211  =  154,874

Club/Team: Southern California Contest Club #1

Comments:

Despite it being our summer monsoon season, the thundershowers stayed away
 for the contest.  Still plenty of QRN, but the pennant antennas did a decent
 job in keeping my ears from getting destroyed.  I never heard another signal
 from New Mexico, so lots of requests to move.  Complied with most of 'em, but
 occasionally I was doing something on the second radio that distracted me.
 Seemed like I worked a lot harder this August than last, but still ended up
 a score that was almost identical.  Made a few station improvements that
 seemed to pay off, but the somewhat inferior 2nd station antennas were
 sometimes evident.  Also need to interface the second radio with the computer,
 too easy to log something on the wrong band.  120 secound radio QSOs.
 Sure is a challenge to pick the right times to burn 2 hours, one that I
 haven't mastered yet.  73 - Phil, N6ZZ

 Radio 1:  TS-850; C4SXL @ 50 feet, C3 @ 20 feet, load tower on 80, half
 sloper on 160.

 Radio 2:  TS-850; TA33, sloping dipole on 40, dipole on 80, all @ 20 feet

                              NAQP Aug 2001 - N6ZZ

  HOUR  160CW    80CW    40CW    20CW    15CW    10CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------  ------  ------  ------  ------   -----   -----
   18       0       0       0       0      67      28      95      95
   19       0       0       0       0      29      22      51     146
   20       0       0       0      22      30       2      54     200
   21       0       0       0      65      19       3      87     287
   22       0       0       0      43       0       0      43     330
   23       0       0       0      21       7       0      28     358

    0       0       0       0      39       8       4      51     409
    1       0       0      35      40       3       0      78     487
    2       0       0      42       8       0       0      50     537
    3      10      29      22       4       0       0      65     602
    4      17      26      12       4       0       0      59     661
    5      14      27      32       0       0       0      73     734

  TOTAL    41      82     143     246     163      59

; 05-Aug-01 12:54 : Off 1951/2022
; 05-Aug-01 12:54 : Off 2201/2231
; 05-Aug-01 12:55 : Off 2322/2355
; 05-Aug-01 12:55 : Off 0212/0242