[3830] NAQP SSB N2NFG SO

bobt at gloryroad.net bobt at gloryroad.net
Mon Aug 20 23:40:49 EDT 2001

                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: N2NFG
Operator(s): N2NFG
Station:

Class: SO LP
QTH:

  160:     14      7
   80:     47     23
   40:    165     47
   20:    111     38
   15:     46     21
   10:     34      9
----------------------
Total:    417    145  =  60,465

Club/Team: PVRC

Comments:

Kenwood 940S
130' allband dipole @ 45'
40M loop @ 55'
The 20M loop had a fight with the lawn mower on Sat. morning and lost.
3/8 wave inverted L for 160

High and Low points...
My ears are still ringing and my head still hurts from the noise level.
Can anybody tell me the secret of adjusting the VOX on the 940? This is only
the second try at an SSB test with the thing and it drove me nuts for the first
two hours. Either the VOX gain was too high or too low, or the anti VOX was too
high or too low. It was really hard to get the two adjusted right, and then
when I would change bands, I'd have to adjust them all over again. Is this
normal for the 940? (running the headset through the sound card with writelog)
Ran into N4YDU on 20 and asked him to go to ten. Found him up there CQing with
lots of takers. Worked him for NC on 10 and picked up 4 more mults at a time I
never would have tried 10. Shut down for 2 1/2 hrs. when sparks from rain
static started flying around inside the JOHNSON Match Box. Where was everybody
on 160? All in all, I'd rather it be CW or January.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com