[3830] W8CAR OQP score and comments

Dan Kovatch W8CAR at lrbcg.com
Sun Aug 26 11:12:23 EDT 2001

                                 2001 OHIO QSO PARTY

      Call used: W8CAR                                        Location: ERIE

      Category: single Op All Band             Mode: MIXED
Power: 100W

      Callsign of Operator(s): W8CAR

       Exchanged Information: W8CAR nr ERIE

      Hours of Operation: 11:58

      band   CW QSOs    CW pts     Ph QSOs    Ph pts
       80         44        88          30        30
       40        139       278         247       247
       20         40        80           1         1
       15          2         4           1         1
       10          0         0           0         0
      TOTAL      225       450         279       279

       ( 729 ) QSO points  X  ( 154 ) Multipliers  =  112,266 points

    Club or Team Name: Mad River Radio Club

  A very interesting time was had by all! A flare, QRN, lots of mobiles
handing out counties and lots of activity. I was amazed, once again, how
quickly the bands can bounce back after a flare during a contest. After
hearing nothing on 20 and then 40 I literally got out the MFJ259 and
made sure that I hadn't killed my radios (I was going to try some SO2R)

Highlights:

Invented new class SO0R (single op zero radio) SO2R doesn't work if the
bands break

Lots of activity- PA wins the out of state award with 39 in the log, MI
is second with 32, cuyahoga county wins the in state with 15 in the log.

W1NN/M telling me he is not going to erie-then later having him tell me
on cw-ERIE in 15 minutes-not only got him in erie for my own county but
got him in Huron and Medina

N6MU once again we tried for all bands-got 15-40 cw and ssb with him
being my last qso on 40ssb 1 minute before end-TNX!

A few DX contacts-even on 40 !

About 40% cw to 60% ssb qsos

Lots of people who were glad to participate in a QSO PARTY!!

I really like this one-a fun way to get a tuneup for the fall

Dan W8CAR

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com