[3830] ARRL160 WN6K SO LP

WN6K at cts.com WN6K at cts.com
Sun Dec 9 12:09:48 EST 2001

                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SO LP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 10:15

Total:     106     28        0      =  5,936

Club/Team: SCCC

Comments:

Goal was to try and make 100 Q's - with no 160 antenna, it became
more of a challenge than I had first thought.  The FT-990 internal tuner
button almost got wore out as we had to push the START button every two kHz
it seemed.

Only missed WY in the 7th call area which really told me I was dirt weak ...
W7CW was S-9 plus but I could never get his attention.

Antenna was 40 meter DP up at 67 feet with the tuner doing all that it could.
I sort of imagined that it was looking like some toploaded vertical but hey,
it got me through the contest.

WN6K

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com