[3830] ARRL160 W7UQ(KL9A) SO LP

kl9a at qsl.net kl9a at qsl.net
Sun Dec 9 15:39:24 EST 2001

                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W7UQ
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: W7UQ

Class: SO LP
QTH: ID

Total:     104     46        0      =  9,568

Club/Team: University of Idaho, WWYC

Comments:

WriteLog says 2:51 on time.  I wanted to put more of an effort in, but I was
busy friday night, and I wasn't scoring any brownie points with the ladies
going to do a radio contest on saturday. :)  Managed to get a away for a few
hours anyway.  The band was NOISY here.  It was down to about s7 or s8 when I
left, so it might have dropped even lower as the night went on.  I felt pretty
loud for only having 100 watts and a wire of some sort.  Only about 1 or 2
people couldn't hear me that I heard.  NEVER heard W8JI.  Must have been
working EU or something.  Lots of GREAT ears out there.  About half of my q's
were "heard" with the transmit antenna.  The other half were used using a
random wire at the top of the tower (I think that's what it is).  It was
hearing better to the south and west than my transmit antenna.  Between every
CQ I'd have to flip the antenna switch to see if anyone was calling.  Amazing
how many q's that added!
Maybe see everyone in ARRL 10m from W7UQ... if I can find the free time before
finals.
KL9A spots in ARRL 160 were not from Alaska, but IDAHO.  Please, no more emails
asking why I didn't work you for the AK mult.  :)
73!
-Chris KL9A

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com