[3830] ARRL160 WA4PGM QRP

Kyle Chavis wa4pgm at hovac.com
Mon Dec 10 09:59:28 EST 2001

2001 ARRL 160-Meter  CW Contest

Call: WA4PGM
Operator: WA4PGM
Station: WA4PGM

Class: QRP
QTH: VA

          QSOs   Sections   Countries
Total:    250       43          3       =  23,552

Club/Team: Long Callsign Club

Murphy struck, having not setup CT for the 160 contest and getting home late
from work, I too ran into the "Out of Band" error and had to download the
update. Then on the 18th contact my feedline crapped out and I had to grab
the flashlight and toolbox to run some new coax to the Inverted L. This only
took a few minutes being the L is feed only a couple feet above ground
level. It was very tough working West of the Mississippi River this year, I
did managed to work Utah(one call) for my only W7, No W6's worked. I heard
several W6/W7 stations strong but they didn't hear my 5 watts, conditions
was strange. I called and called ZF2NT the first night with no luck, the
second night I  worked them the first call. Had a pretty good S&P rate but
could not get a run going either night, it was fun to operate the 160
contest again after a few years off. Ran into lots of friends, good luck to
all.
Happy Holidays!
Kyle

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com