[3830] ARRL160 K6SE M/S HP

k6se at juno.com k6se at juno.com
Tue Dec 11 18:58:17 EST 2001

                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K6SE
Operator(s): K6SE, DON JONES (EX-N6ZV)
Station: K6SE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:     806     76       10      =  154,112

Club/Team:

Comments:

Used a balloon-supported 1/4-wave vertical over a moist pure salt ground at
Koehn Dry Lake in Southern California.  This is an ultra-quiet QTH far from any
civilization in the Mojave Desert, so no special receive antennas were needed.
Rig was an FT-1000MP driving an Alpha 76CA to 1200 watts.

Condx were mediocre - no Eu or Africa heard.  JA openings both mornings were
poor, with even the big gun JAs fairly weak.

My special thanks to the QRPers who persevered and were able to QSO me.

I plan to be at the same QTH for the Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge and
for the CQ WW 160 CW contest.

73, de Earl, K6SE

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com