[3830] CQWW CW KB0VVT M/S LP

Rebecca kb0vvt at arrl.net
Tue Dec 11 21:28:37 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KB0VVT
Operator(s): KB0VVT, KG0US
Station: KB0VVT

Class: M/S LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 28:41

  160:      2      2      2
   80:      6      4      6
   40:     31     12     19
   20:    147     30     84
   15:    186     27     90
   10:    199     30     97
-------------------------------
Total:    571    105    298  =  641,576

Club/Team: Raytown, MO ARC

Comments:

40 foot Universal Tower with KLM KT34A tri-band beam.
Alpha Delta DX-A twin sloper mounted on the tower.
Cushcraft R7 Vertical.

My 13 year old daughter Rebecca, KB0VVT, and I had intended on breaking over
the 1000 QSO mark using low power during this contest.  We had some lightning
and thunder on Friday night and the upper bands went almost totally dead during
most of Saturday.  For a millisecond or so I had honestly thought that we had
blown the front-ends out of our transceivers by operating them during the
lightning the night before.  We started operating kind of late on Sunday
morning because I did not know if the band disruption had dissipated.  That was
a mistake since Sunday was a very good day for propagation.  Oh Well, maybe
next year!

Dave KG0US

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com