[3830] ARRL10 K1SE M/S HP

k4zw at staffnet.com k4zw at staffnet.com
Sun Dec 16 19:46:10 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K1SE
Operator(s): K1SE, K4EU, K4ZW
Station: K4ZW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:   1216    159
  SSB:   1585    160
----------------------
Total:   2801    319  =  2,564,122

Club: PVRC

Comments:

Another fun weekend with the guys.  We improved on last years score so that
was encouraging.
   We almost had to cancel at the last minute.  90 minutes before the start
while K1SE was playing around on the band, the amp kicked off line due to a
high SWR fault.  Further checking showed we either had a bad feedline to the
array or the stack switch box was bad.  After careful consideration, I decided
to go up the tower in the wind and dark to swap the feedline with the 15 meter
array.  Thankfully, that solved the problem.  We also lost the 87A on Sunday.
Looks like a problem with the PIN switching diodes.
  Happy holidays!

Ken K4ZW

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com