[3830] ARRL10 N2CU SO Mixed QRP

n2cu at arrl.net n2cu at arrl.net
Mon Dec 17 09:05:56 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: WNY

   CW:    388    108
  SSB:    246     77
----------------------
Total:    634    185  =  378,140

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

A great contest! More than half of last year's score when I ran CW only High
Power. Conditions were excellent. I have to get used to the fact that when some
stations are S9+ they just aren't always going to hear a 5W sig. Especially on
backscatter where I missed lots of mult's. My goals were to beat last years
section score, place in the top three in the region, and make the top ten US.
Not too ambitious, huh? Based on the 2000 results, I achieved them all... but
that was then, this is now.

Most humorous moment: After calling for several minutes in a Caribbean pileup,
I started adding N2CU...QRP. The station answered me by saying there was no
need to add the QRP since I was S9+30. So why didn't he work me sooner?

Pet Peeve: Stations that have a hard time hearing due to static levels or
whatever should reduce power so it's not so frustrating to hear them at S9+30
and not be able to get through. (Alligators?) Applies for 160m contest too!

FT1000MP 5W, TH6DXX 50', TR Log (of course!)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com