[3830] ARRL10 9A1P(9A6NDX) SO SSB LP

9a2rd at qsl.net 9a2rd at qsl.net
Mon Dec 17 09:23:19 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: 9A1P
Operator(s): 9A6NDX
Station:

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: JN65vg

   CW:
  SSB:   1365  57+98
----------------------
Total:   1365    155  =  423,150

Club: WWYC

Comments:

Equipment used: TS930s - 100W
                Ant: 5el monobander 9m boom @18m
                PC 486 with CT 9.27

After quite good CQWW SSB&CW M/S efforts I've decided to run ARRL 10m as SO SSB
LP, but things didn't go as I expected.On the first day everything was quite OK
with nice JA/W pile-ups and 921 QSO after the first 10 hours.On the second day
a strong wind started to blow(over 100 km/h) and it blocked the antennas in the
direction South America and it was impossible to run the USA.Anyway I achieved
a good result about 100k pts more than last year.
A special thank goes to my dad 9A2RD who faced the strong wind and climbed the
tower trying to save the antennas with temperature below zero.

                                          73 de Dado 9A6NDX

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com