[3830] ARRL10 K3ZO SO Mixed HP

k3zo at verizon.net k3zo at verizon.net
Mon Dec 17 13:46:31 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K3ZO
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: MD

   CW:   1425    140
  SSB:   1448    132
----------------------
Total:   2873    272  =  2,338,112

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Ten meters will probably never be better than this, at least not in
December!

Equipment:

FT-1000-MP driving Titan 425 amp
modified W6PU 4-el dual-driven cubical quad, 33 foot boom, up 78 feet.

Who says CW is dying?!!  The CW end of the band was far more crowded than
anything I found on SSB and I was doing my runs on SSB almost exclusively
around 28375-28390, not up higher in the band.   I guess people really are
encouraged to use CW by the double points credit.

My 80-meter half sloper came in real handy as an alternate receive antenna
thanks to almost constant line noise when I was beaming to the West or North.
(Noise toward Europe not bad).  No line noise could be detected on the 80 meter

antenna.

During the daylight hours the half-sloper worked very well on picking up
weak backscatter stations.  However once the sun went down the 80 meter
antenna was no help.  Go figure!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com