[3830] ARRL10 EI5DI SO Mixed LP

paul at ei5di.com paul at ei5di.com
Mon Dec 17 16:12:53 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: EI5DI
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH:

   CW:   1103  54+56
  SSB:    399  46+45
----------------------
Total:   1502    201  =  1,047,210

Club: Dalkey Island Contest Group

Comments:

Station:
Icom IC-746 barefoot to Vine Antennas 5-el monobander at 35 ft.
External Super CMOS II keyer and Kent single-lever paddle.
SD (V9.83) Contest Logger - the right tool for the job!

My first serious entry since 1992.  I thought it wasn't going
too well for most of Saturday - found it hard to get established
on any frequency and rates were never high.  Didn't hear any JA
or VK stations, and thought conditions were a bit down on 2000.
However, by the time the band closed I had 720 QSOs which was
200 more than I'd done previously, and I thought it might be
possible to get to the million point mark.

On Sunday morning, one highlight was holding 28001 for 90
minutes - but gave up when the band opened to North America.
Worked CW as far up as 28177, and SSB all the way to 28884.

Made the million points with about half an hour to spare on
a dying band - let's see if it stays that way after checking.

Once again, there were lots of North American stations, who
really should know better, with key clicks.  It's very
difficult to copy weak signals in the presence of wide band
impulse noise.

Looking forward to next year's contest - hope the band stays
open.

73,
Paul EI5DI
www.ei5di.com