[3830] ARRL10 K4XS SO SSB HP

cqtestk4xs at aol.com cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Dec 17 17:14:49 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K4XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: K4XS

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 30+

   CW:
  SSB:   2907    155
----------------------
Total:   2907    155  =  901,170

Club: FLORIDA CONTEST GROUP

Comments:

Conditions too good! Generally when conditions are as good as they are, we lose
our "Florida propogation advatage" on 10.  The stacks I had were useless for
about half the time.  Even the low 54/27 was limping along a lot of the time
because conditions were so good.  I wound up using the KT34XA at 64 ft and an
A3 at 45 ft for a large part of the contest.  No sporadic e at all.  I worked
WE9V in the middle of a dead band, but that was it.  I think it was just maybe
a meteor trail QSO.
Finally I'd like to send a big howdy to all of the CBers who stopped by to try
give me a QSO or to throw a carrier on me.  It seems as though 28315 is now
part of the 11 meter band, or at least it seems to be in the US, South America
and Europe.
10-4 good buddies....keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com