[3830] ARRL10 K2UOP SO Mixed HP

k2uop at raven-villages.net k2uop at raven-villages.net
Tue Dec 18 11:19:09 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K2UOP
Operator(s): K2UOP
Station: K2UOP

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:    563    103
  SSB:    439    103
----------------------
Total:   1002    206  =  644,780

Club: POTOMAC VALLEY RADIO CLUB

Comments:

Equip: FT-1000MP, Titan II, C31XR, C3S

Started the contest with a sore throat and a stuffed up head, but things were
going great and I was having fun, especially Sat. night when I had a good run
into JA land.  But at the end of Sat night my throat was really tight and I
was very hoarse.  I took some home remidies, mainly some hard stuff from my bar
and went to bed intending to have a great second day.  My wife woke me up at
0600L and I went to say "good morning" and nothing came out of my mouth.  Oh
no! Oh well I would try to just work CW, but my head was so stuffed up I could
not even do that.  So after a good first day, I could only make 99 Q's the
second day, including four new country multipliers just using my voice keyer.
I had to crack up when I worked ZD8Z and he said "I hope my signal is as strong
as yours".  I tried to say "I wish my voice was was as strong as yours", but
nothing would come out.  Heck, I still had a great time.  There sure were a lot
of good operators on and it was nice to say hello(when I could) to some good
friends.  Happy Holidays to All!
73, Tom  K2UOP in WV

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com