[3830] ARRL10 FG/K6LA SO Mixed HP

kwidelitz at gtemail.net kwidelitz at gtemail.net
Thu Dec 20 00:36:32 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: FG/K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station:

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: FG

   CW:   1750    134
  SSB:   1774    142
----------------------
Total:   3524    276  =  2,911,248

Club: SCCC

Comments:

This was an operation from the FG DX Shack. The web site says there is no "hot
shower." It doesn't say there is also no cold shower. My nose was glad it was a
single op. It rained constantly the whole time I was in FG. Sometimes it rained
so hard that with the tin roof the QRN was so bad I could barely hear the radio
audio, even with custom molded earbuds. On the other hand, the benefit of the
rain was I could take a bar of soap outside and take a shower. I also got
bitten to discomfort by mosquitos and no-see-ums, despite copious applications
of deet. Next time I go to the Caribbean, I'm wearing tights.

The band closed Friday night just as the contest started and I only made 117
QSOs (mostly SA) before shutting down. The band opened to EU at 10:00Z both
mornings and I could run by 10:30Z. Saturday night the band closed at 23Z and I
was only able to make 21 QSOs after that. Fortunately the band was hot Sunday
right till the end of the contest. My last hour was a 137. I also had a
personal record 211 hour in the 19Z hour Saturday.

I moved 9 mults I otherwise would have missed. Nice thing about this contest is
you know you can make the QSO when you move a mult. Well, some ops claim not to
have a key for CW.

73, Ken, K6LA

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com