[3830] TK1W (F5HRY op.) ARRL 10m SOHP assisted

F5HRY at aol.com F5HRY at aol.com
Mon Dec 24 12:43:25 EST 2001

                     ARRL 10 METER CONTEST -- 2001

      Call:      TK1W (F5HRY op.)
      Category:  Single Operator Assisted
      Power:     High Power
      Band:      Mono 10
      Mode:      SSB
      Country:   Corsica

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  STATES  COUNTRIES

       CW        0        0        0        0
      SSB     2625     5250       59      107

      Totals  2625     5250       59      107  =   871,500

Comments :

I know that there is no SO/assisted category ... Well, I wish
I had read correctly the rules before going to TK ! But, in the
past, I have been more involved in the multi op categories. Thus,
using a packet cluster assistance seemed natural. Shame on
me ! (NB : the ARRL should probably, in the several lines about
SO operation, clearly specify that no assistance is permitted.
It is only written, in the MO category, that the SO/assisted will
be considered as MO. But I found it after the contest ...).

However, I had a great time, despite a s7 QRM to Asia, as well
as a s5 to NA. I probably lost a large number of contacts, and
have to apologize to those who called me with no answer. I think
I would have only missed about 10 to 15 mults without the cluster, as
I spent quite a while searching for mults in a crowded 10m band !

Rig was TS850, 2x4 el (1xnorth, 1 rotative), 2xPA (but only one
on sunday), MFJ DVK.

Congrats to Keith GM4YXI and Joseph F6CTT (@TM5C) for their
score in what should have been my category ...

Many thanks to Patrick TP5EP for hosting me, and to his mother
for her savoury "choucroute" !

CU from FY5KE for the 2002 ARRL DX SSB in march.

Herve F5HRY

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com