[3830] Stew Perry K6SE M/S LP

k6se at juno.com k6se at juno.com
Mon Dec 31 15:05:48 EST 2001

                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K6SE
Operator(s): K6SE, KH6DX
Station: K6SE

Class: M/S LP
Grid Square: DM15
Operating Time (hrs): 14

QSOs:  296  Score: 3,408

Results in ARRL 160 showed that the super-conductive salt lake bed QTH was
great with a full-sized vertical, so decided to use the FT-1000MP barefoot in
the Stew Perry to take advantage of the x2 multiplier.

Rig: FT-1000MP
Antenna: 1/4-wave balloon-supported vertical
QTH: Koehn Dry lake, Southern California (grid DM15)

Worked everything we heard except PY2FUS who was having QRN problems.  Also
heard a big pile on a station sending grid IL28 (which is EA8), but could not
get his callsign due to QRM/QSB.

Thrilled to work 9V1PC who was our farthest QSO at 14036.832 km.

Also thriled to work our co-operator (KH6DX) when he startled me by firing up
his mobile station just outside of the operation trailer.  His signal, without
his antenna connected, was the biggest signal heard in the contest, hi.

Our score of 3408 points will no doubt be modified by the contest sponsor due
to busted calls and grids, plus any bonus points earned for working QRP
stations.

Hope to see you all again in the CQ WW 160 CW contest from the same QTH.

73, de Earl, K6SE

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com