[3830] Stew Perry K5IUA SO QRP

kb5iua at tgn.net kb5iua at tgn.net
Mon Dec 31 17:11:58 EST 2001

                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K5IUA
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO QRP
Grid Square: EL29
Operating Time (hrs): 10

QSOs:  102  Score: 1,300

After building the parasitic array this summer and running high power during
the ARRL contest I thought I would try QRP. The effort was S/P only. It is
still amazing to me that folk's that were only about a half a step ahead of the
sheriff came back on the first call, While others that were S9 or better never
did get a QSO. I did not work everybody that I heard but it was close. There
was a lot of QSB and many times I would have to wait for a peak to work a
station. A large percentage of folk's that did not get worked were running 30
WPM or better and I could not get my whole call in at 20 WPM before they were
CQ'ing again. It seemed that those folk's were just not listening or were not
interested in working a weak station. Another point to ponder is that many
stations asked for confirmation of the EL in the exchange. They would get the
number but could not copy or would not believe that they were working an EL.

Bottom line: It was fun!!!

John

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com